Friday, August 29, 2008

I Need To Praise God

God came through for my friends, and I'm so grateful. Even though I was angry with Him over their plight--even vented a little bit, questioning His care for them--I now must give Him credit for taking a seemingly hopeless situation and turning it into life. He does that all the time, doesn't He? If there's anything we Christ-believers must cling to with the very passion of our lives it is this: the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ turns loss into gain, sorrow into joy, despair into hope, death into life. Thanks be to God for the life we have in the Crucified One.

There are scars, to be sure. My friends still have a long way to go. But, to see them smiling in light of some recent good news sure did my heart good.

I'm looking forward to Sunday so I can tell God what I really think about Him. Come to think of it, that's why I go. I have this compulsion, this need to worship God. And, I need to hear others do the same.

3 comments:

Darryl Schafer said...

This is definitely good news. I'm praising God right alongside you.

I wonder though: would you (or I, for that matter) be praising God if this situation (or any we face) were still hopeless?

For myself, I honestly don't know, but given my track record, I'd probably worship by complaining. Still trying to get my head around that...

Barb Kemper said...

What an awesome blog. I too just love the Lord. I'm a bill board of healings, from looking at death to up walking and praising Him. I will try to locate your book. I'm sure it's easy to find, so won't be an issue.
When I go to my church, stand in my living room, or be in my prayer closet, and stand and worship before my king, how can a person not give it all they have? To open up the thrown room before your very eyes from just the simpleness of pure praise and worship, how can any person question His abilities with life's hard times? I have in my day but I am a work in progress...
I do my best to keep my confession edifying. That is hard all by itself, at times. Finding my old friends and making sure they know about Jesus Christ is a goal, but not just old friends, new ones and strangers alike as well. Our whole purpose is to get souls saved. I am anxious to get my hands on your book now that I've found it.
Why wait til Sunday though to tell Christ what you truly think. He isn't on a weekly timeline schedule. He hears us every time we want to talk to him. That part of your blog I didn't understand, and I'm not complaining so no negativism meant. I'm glad I found your blog and will keep my eyes open for more... Thanks and God Be with you always... Have a glorious day in our Lord Jesus Christ...

Anonymous said...

Great Blog, great book